Chromecast is one of the most promising digital media players from Google that can cast audio or visual content on an HD TV. It is available at an amazingly competitive price of $35 and supports numerous rich apps. With Chromecast, you can stream and view all kind of entertainment stuff on the big screen of your TV.
The very first type of Chromecast was announced in 2013. After that, there were few updated versions introduced as Chromecast 2 in 2-15 and Chromecast Ultra review, in 2016. While the upgraded versions slightly vary in features, but the core function of these devices is the same, which is to cast live content on the TV screen.
- Ever since its inception, Chromecast impressed the customers. It is because of its great affordability and the tons of features possessed by it. With Chromecast, you can stream content in two different ways.
- In a first way, you can stream the content to your smartphone and web apps supporting Google cast technology. Here you can get the chromecast extension chrome for desktops.
- In the second method, it is possible to mirror the entire content of your smartphone to the big, large screen of your TV. For this, it is essential to run Google Chrome as the browser on your smartphone or PC.
- Besides these, one exclusive feature of Chromecast is Backdrop. It works when there is no content streaming, and displays the personalized content from a user is displayed on the screen. It includes the content, such as artwork, photos, weather forecasts, news feeds, and more.
- The updated version of Chromecast introduced in 2015 also included the feature of High-resolution audio. With this feature, users can play audio across numerous platforms. In order to use this feature, it is also essential to employ various apps supported by Chromecast.
- The Consumer Electronics Control is another exclusive feature of Chromecast that results in video-capable mode. It automatically switches on the TV and active video and audio input with the help of CEC mechanism.
The design of Chromecast is similar to that of a dongle and it is powered by connecting to the USB port available in the TV. It is also possible to plug in the video-capable Chromecast into the HDMI port of the High-definition television.
The Google Home app manages Chromecast that enable users to set up novel devices. With this, it is even possible to configure the existing versions. Also, it is possible to stream content using the Google cast-enabled applications.
The hardware of the original Chromecast is based on the Marvell Armada 1500-mini 88DE3005 chip system operating an ARM Cortex-A9 processors. It comprises codecs for decoding the hardware of the H.264 and VP8 video compression layouts. Other than this, the other advanced versions introduced after the first one are based on almost same hardware, with slight differences.
Chromecast is a powerful device and can be of great benefit if used adequately. So, get it now and check our other posts to know more details about this big treasure in the small pack.